Image source: https://www.facebook.com/SachinTendulkar/
Sachin is not a name; it’s like a chant for the Indian Cricket Fans. Be it World Cup matches or the test matches, Sachin Tendulkar has delivered his best and rightly assumed the title of Master Blaster. Born on 24th April 1973, he has been a household name for his ace performance and form. And although there are many stories and blogs about his journey, there are some lesser-known facts about him. If you are a true Sachin fan, you will be thrilled to know all these unknown facts about him.
- The Little Master was 14 years old when he started playing in the Ranji team.
- Sachin made his international debut only when he was 16 years old on tour to Pakistan.
- He was the youngest Indian Cricket player as he started to play for the country at the age of 19.
- It has been said that Sachin’s elder brother Ajit Tendulkar had sent him for cricket coaching as a part of the punishment to discipline the young boy.
- Sunil Gavaskar had gifted him a pair of ultra-light pads when he was only 14 years old and he had worn these pads for his debut match.
- He has scored nine centuries in the year 1998- which is the most number of centuries scored by a cricketer in a calendar year.
- Maruti 800 was the first car the cricketer bought with his hard-earned money.
- Sachin Tendulkar was the richest cricketer in the world in 1995 after signing a Rs 31.5 crore five-year contract with World Tel.
- As a child, he idolized the cricketer Viv Richards, who was quite popular due to its batting style.
- The God of Cricket has many records under his name, one of which is scoring 2000 runs in World Cup Cricket.
- He became the youngest cricketer to score 1000 runs in a test match in 1992.
- Sachin Tendulkar uses the right hand for batting and bowling but uses left hand for writing.
- The former Indian cricketer also holds the record of being the player awarded Man of the Match six times on the losing side.
- He had visited the famous Madame Tussaud’s museum in 1988 for the first time and 20 years later, in 2008, there was a wax statue made for him.
- It has been said that junior Sachin used to sleep with his cricket gear on and he always used to carry the Indian flag inside his sports bag.